Monday 13 August 2012

Book Rave: Tales of a Gypsy Dressmaker


Hello everyone!

I hope that you are all okay, I have been away for the last 5 days at a festival, I shall do another post about it all shortly. However this is a very random post as you have probably guessed by the title.  I am a little bit of a book worm and I absolutely love finding new books to read and that kind of thing. So I was in ASDA with my Mum & Step-Dad the day before we were going away and I realised that I didn’t have a book to take with me so I went to see if they had anything interesting that I could take.

I spent absolutely ages looking at all of the books trying to decide what I wanted as there were so many that I was really interested in. I ended up choosing Tales of a Gypsy Dressmaker by Thelma Madine.


I had wanted to read this book ever since it came out as I am a massive fan of My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings. I think that it was around £3.50 in ASDA in paperback, which I though was an absolute bargain. They had a lot of paperback books in there for that price so I will be definitely going back to get some more shortly.

Anyway, I read the entire thing by Friday evening. I started it on Wednesday evening. That for me is quite quick to get through a whole book.  It may not be for some people but for me it is. I think that it did help that it was lovely and sunny and I was sat in a field listening to good music drinking cider :)  *hehe* I just couldn’t put the book down at all! I got so into it and really enjoyed it.

The book is basically an autobiography of her life. It says on the front “from hitting rock bottom to making girls dreams come true” and this is basically how I would describe it. She is so amazingly open and honest about everything that has happened in her life and I won’t spoil anything for anyone who hasn’t read it and wants to but I would 100% recommend this book to anyone who is a Big Fat Gypsy Weddings fan or even an autobiography fan. I really enjoy reading autobiographies; they are right up my street so it was a great selling point for me.

Anyway I know that this has been a very random post, and I shall be blogging a lot more soon as I am not going away anymore this year now.

Have any of you read this book? What did you think? Would you like to read it?

Lots Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment