Tuesday 31 January 2012

Kayleigh's Cooking: Pasta with Mince and Tomato and Garlic Sauce

Hi everyone

So cooking is one of my biggest passions in my life, I absolutely love it, so I thought that I would get back into my Blog and start a new mini series of posts called Kayleigh's Cooking.
I will say that alot of my cooking isnt measured and i dont really use recipie books very often, However i do have lots of them, I just cook things that I like to eat mainly, I also love cooking for other people.

So here is my 1st post in this series, Pasta with Mince and Tomato and Garlic Sauce, this is a favorite of mine and i make it alot for my lunch,

(Serves 2)

250g Beef Mince
1/2 Yellow Pepper
8 Closed Cup Mushrooms
1/2 Tin Chopped Tomatos
Dash Nando's Sweet Chilli Sauce
4 Garlic Cloves
Teaspoon Tomato Puree
Olive Oil
Handful Diced Onion
2 Handfulls Dried Pasta
Teaspoon Redcurrent Jelly




First thing I did was to put the pasta into a pan and add some salt to make the water boil at a higher temperature,


Then I got out my mini food processor and added the chopped tomatoes, garlic and sweet chilli sauce,



And then blended these all together to make my sauce for my pasta,


I then heated up some olive oil in a wok on a high heat, and added a handful of diced onion,



I have really sensitive eyes and onions absolutely kill them so I have found a little cheat way to use onions in my cooking, this is frozen diced onion that i get from Iceland, it is £1 a bag, and I just leave it in the freezer and take out however much I need at any one time,


Once the onions are softened add the mince and fry off untill browned, then add the chopped pepper and the mushrooms (which I cut into 4) then fry these off in the remaining oil with the onions and mince. Then poor the sauce over all of this in the wok and cook for about 20 minutes.


Once the pasta is cooked drain the water off, a little trick I use if the pasta is cooked before the meat and sauce is to put the pasta back into the pan as it is still hot, then put the lid back on and put it back on the side of the hob, (this works with our hob as it is hallogen so is flat)


Once the mince is cooked I add the teaspoon of redcurrent jelly and stir that in,


Then i add the pasta to the mince and sauce and stir it in,


This will also help to reheat the pasta if it has cooled down a bit after being drained. this is now ready to serve, i love having pasta with garlic bread, this is a meal that i have alot for my lunch at home and at university, because it is quick to make and doesnt break the bank.



So here is the finished meal, I hope that you enjoy this recipie and if you try it leave me a comment as to what you think of it, i have doubled this up before and cooked it for my whole family and everyone loved it. So i hope that you have enjoyed the first part of this mini series, and there will be another one up soon.

lots of love
KayleighJane
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment